Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and Bodybuilding - Article
In this article, you will find answers on most of the questions regarding the HCG, what it is for, how it is being used and for what purpose.
What is HCG?
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin or hCG or HCG is a powerful polypeptide hormone found in the urine of pregnant women.
What is HCG normally used for?
It is used to help females get pregnant, weight loss and to stimulate testosterone production in males.
How does HCG work?
- In females, HCG is stimulating ovaries that help raise fertility.
- In males, HCG helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes by mimicking LH and triggering the production and release of testosterone.
- At the same time, it restores the size of the testes rather quickly if they were suppressed from a cycle
When should HCG be used for?
Bodybuilders use it mostly during the very long or heavy cycles when the HTPA(Hypothalamic–pituitary-gonadal axis) gets severely suppressed. At the same time, it can be used during or after every cycle, it helps to recover the natural testosterone faster.
Can HCG be used during the cycle?
Yes, it can be used but you should stop using it if your getting signs of gyno, HCG will make it worse. That is why AI products are recommended to be used during the cycle or when your getting signs of gyno.
When do you take HCG?
It should be used during the cycle and after it and there are 2 ways how the bodybuilders are using the HCG.
The first method:
- During the cycle - 250 IU every 4-5 days of the cycle. It is a standard dosage that is used during the cycle and it shouldn't be exceeded if you want to recover the natural testosterone level after the cycle.
- After the cycle - 500-1000 IU per day for 10 days. You will need to wait 3-10 days after the last injection and it depends on the dosages of esters used during the cycle, bigger the dosages more you need to wait. For about 500-700 mg of esters during the cycle, you need to wait 3 days after the last injection. And only after that start the PCT program.
The second method:
- During the cycle - the last 3-4 weeks of the cycle, 1000 IU per week or 500 IU twice a week.
- After the cycle - during the PCT for 10 days 500 IU per day at the same time with the SERM products (Tamox, Clomed). After 10 days, the Tamox or Clomed should be taken for 2 more weeks.
Can HCG be used w/out steroids to boost test production above baseline?
Personally, we don't recommend to use it to increase the norm of testosterone level, with the time it could desensitize the Leydig cells to LH and when you will stop using HCG, it could lead to very bad consequences, such as low libido and so on. And at the same time, it boosts the testosterone for about 5-6 days from the last injection. Better options are Anastrozole, Tamox, Clomed.
Has HCG side effects, gyno?
It can occur in 2 ways. First, from high levels of testosterone, more of it, more can aromatize to estrogen. And the second one is due to the side effects of the product. That is why it is recommended to be combined with Anastrozole or Tamox during the use of HCG.
How do you take HCG?
At the moment only subcutaneously or IM (intramuscularly).
- Injecting Intramuscularly - use it at big doses, more than 1ml. If you inject it frequently in a site it could lead scar tissue.
- Injecting Subcutaneously - use it at low doses, less than 1ml.
How to mix HCG?
Most of the HCG that is sold includes 1 vial of HCG powder and 1 vial or 1 amp of bacteriostatic water or sterile water. Here is simple math that will help you calc how many issues will be after you will mix it with the solvent.
If the HCG vial has 5000 IU and you will dilute it with 1ml of solvent, in the vial will be 5000 IU.
If you will add 2 ml of diluent, in the vial will be 2500 IU per ml.
In case of 5 ml of diluent, 1000 IU per ml.
And so on.
The HCG is very easy to mix, it dissolves easily but doesn't shake it, let it foam by its self. The mixed HCG can be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature of 36° to 46°F (2° to 8°C).
Video instruction on how to mix it and inject HCG Intramuscularly:
Video instruction on how to mix it and inject HCG Subcutaneously: